The Junipero Serra Museum, operated by the San Diego History Center, is seeking reliable and energetic volunteers to serve as Gallery Guides in our museum in Presidio Park
Gallery Guides work throughout the galleries to help visitors get the most out of their visit. Gallery Guides are trainined in the stories behind the exhibitions and work hand in hand with docents to engage visitors by answering questions and sharing information about the museum, its exhibits, and its programs.
Gallery Guide Requirements
* Outgoing and friendly demeanor
* Willingness to interact with visitors of all ages from around the globe
* Desire to learn and teach San Diego History
Expectations of Guides
* Act as a partner with Education staff in fostering knowledge and understanding of San Diego and its history.
* Commit to 2 three hour shifts per month.
* Be reliable, prompt and communicative with staff.
Schedules are available on weekends.
To learn more about this and all SDHC volunteer opportunities or to apply, please visit our website https://www.sandiegohistory.org/volunteer
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- must be available on weekends