Do you have a flair for merchandising and a passion for great customer service? Do you roam the aisles of the hardware store just for fun, and the words "some assembly required" thrill you? Yes? Then our ReStore Volunteer opportunity is for you!
Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area is currently recruiting volunteers for our ReStores. A ReStore is a retail store concept that sells new and gently used donated home furnishings and renovation materials at 50-80% off the original retail price. ReStore proceeds support Habitat’s mission of helping hard working, low income families build a brighter future through affordable homeownership.
What you need to know:
- Volunteers are not required to have prior customer service experience
- Onsite training is provided by our ReStore staff
- Any required safety equipment will be provided onsite
- All volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old
*** Volunteers under the age of 18 require a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Volunteers aged 14 or 15 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Reports to: The ReStore Manager
Shifts: Each shift is 4 hours. Morning, afternoon and evening shifts are available.
- A "can-do" attitude
- Provide superb customer service skills
- Assist with pricing and merchandising, product assembly and repair and donation drop offs
- Attend all necessary Habitat for Humanity training sessions
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Gain practical experience in customer service industry
- Meet new people and network with likeminded individuals
- Give back to your community
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Each shift is a minimum of 4 hours.