What an amazing journey you are about to take. Families who host foreign exchange students say that the experience has changed their lives forever. Their relationship with the exchange student lasts long after their time hosting has ended - many families visit the students’ home country, attend their weddings, celebrate the joy of their first child. After sharing your home, community, and interests with a foreign exchange student, they instantly become a part of your family.Long-term Hosting Basics
- Choose to host for a full 10-month academic year, or a 5-month semester
- Provide a separate bed, 3 meals daily, and local transportation
- Treat your exchange student as a member of the family
- Students can be in the U.S. on the J-1 Visa, the F-1 Visa or a FLEX or YES Programs grant recipient; they all come with their own spending money and medical insurance
- Experience: Since 1985, CCI Greenheart has placed over 20,000 international exchange students with families seeking to host a foreign exchange student.
- Diversity: Students come from a range of cultures and backgrounds, with over 60 countries represented.
- Civic-minded: CCI Greenheart encourages all foreign exchange participants and interested host families to volunteer and give back to their host community.
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 26