SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING PLAN ESTIMATED TIME 20-30 HOURS / OVER 4-6 WEEKS
- An overall Search Engine Marketing (SEM) plan that includes goals and actionable strategies for improving rankings of Organization’s website or blog. This may include:
- Recommendations for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics such as link-building campaigns, improvements to website or blog’s architecture, keywords to target within content, as well as proper naming of titles, meta information and images
- Recommendations for implementing paid advertising efforts such as Pay Per Click (PPC)* campaign of Organization’s choice and advice on how to determine optimal spending on ads
- Training on how to evaluate performance of SEM strategy, as well as how to measure key site metrics
- Note: Google AdWords is one kind of PPC tool.
- Experience in digital marketing and in-depth knowledge of SEM techniques, including SEO and PPC advertising
- Ability to implement and track an SEM Plan, as well as educate a user to track it themselves
- Proficiency with Google Ad Words and Google Analytics
- Clear goals for your SEM efforts
- Functional website or blog
- Site administrator who can implement actionable items in SEM Plan
- Existing Google Analytics account or a comparable online statistics resource, with trained staff to monitor site traffic statistics after SEM is implemented
- An active Google AdWords account or budget earmarked for paid search advertising (if used).
- NOTE: Google Ad Grants provides qualifying 501(c)(3)nonprofits with $10,000 per month in in-kind AdWords advertising. To take advantage of this project for using a Google Ad Grants account, your Organization should already have received the grant in advance.
- Staff to devote time to continuing Google AdWords strategy (if used)
- Prep: Project goals, timeline, and process established and initial information distributed
- Volunteer Manager outlines any current SEM activities/strategies, including use of search keywords, SEO tactics, PPC ads, website or blog content strategies
- Volunteer Manager shares any existing materials relating to SEM
- Professional meets with the Volunteer Manager for a brainstorming and overview session to discuss goals, online assets, and existing activities/materials
- Professional and Volunteer Manager outline next steps and timeline for the project
Milestone 1: First draft of SEM Plan reviewed by Volunteer Manager and feedback provided
- Professional assesses current site traffic, search rankings, content and architecture
- Professional creates a first draft of the SEM Plan and shares it with the Volunteer Manager
- Volunteer Manager reviews draft and provides feedback to the Professional
Milestone 2: Finalized SEM Plan delivered to the Volunteer Manager
- Professional incorporates Volunteer Manager’s feedback and creates a final draft of the SEM Plan
- Professional delivers final document to the Volunteer Manager and provides recommendations for implementation, based on staff capacity and budget
Milestone 3: Volunteer Manager is fully trained to monitor performance of SEM Plan
- Professional trains Volunteer Manager on how to evaluate performance of SEM Plan and measure key site metrics with Google Analytics or a comparable online statistics resource
- Professional and Volunteer Manager meet 1 month after implementation to assess how SEM Plan is performing and any tweaks that should be made
We need this because:
(1) We want to improve the users’ connection to our Organization’s website or blog by increasing visibility in search engine rankings
(2) We want to develop a strategy that includes an optimal mix of organic search and paid advertising tactics
Learn more about us - http://bit.ly/abouthi
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Seeking volunteer for...
- COMMUNICATION MATERIALS AUDIT HELP
- BUSINESS PLAN WRITING HELP
- Interactive social media marketing
- Help us beat Narcotic addiction...
- ADDING FEATURES ON OUR DRUPAL...
- Program Manager
- Graphic designer
- Looking for Experienced Google...
- EARNED INCOME PLAN HELP
- WEBSITE COPYWRITING
- New Business Development
- Event planner
- Grants writer
- COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY...
- BRAND MESSAGING HELP
- PRESS KIT HELP
- Event volunteer
- Online Researcher
- GRANT TEMPLATE CREATION HELP