Patient Liaison Volunteers
These are volunteers who are forging links with patients and patient foundations. They are seeking to spread the word about the Webinars and other ways that patients with rare diseases are being empowered by the information provided by PRDPF! The Putting Rare Diseases Patients First! organization provides a unique opportunity for those wanting to serve patients with rare diseases. Because it will be important to expend significant amounts of time training volunteers to represent PRDPF! we are requiring all volunteers that are formally selected for the roles to commit a minimum of 3 weeks of ten hours per week.
Retirees are welcomed
Reports to the VP of Patient Liaison, Dr. Lorna Speid
These are volunteer positions- several positions are available. Responsibilities will be assigned
according to the geographical location of the volunteer
Patient Liaison Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Sits on the Patient Liaison Committee
- Make telephone calls to Patient Foundations in the resident country.
- Invite these foundations and patient support groups to register for their patients to benefit
- Assist PRDPF! with outreach to patients and families affected by rare diseases
- Find out what the needs of the individual rare disease patient groups are in terms of new
treatments and diagnostics.
- Facilitate the connection of patients and families with PRDPF! via email and phone
- Develop educational materials to send out to patient foundations based on guidance from Dr. Speid.
- Act as an ambassador for Putting Rare Diseases Patients First!
- Help raise awareness and advocate for Rare Diseases Patients First!
- Participate in media and public relations efforts when needed
- Protect the confidentiality of patients, their families and our strategic information
Liaisons should not:
- Give medical advice
- Feel compelled to assist patients and their families with personal problems
- Share confidential information
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is a must
- At least a first Bachelors degree
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- May have a rare disease
- Be self motivated
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to empathize with patients and parents.
- Ability to take the initiative
- Self starter
- Require the minimum of supervision
- Integrity and good character are essential for this position
- Ability to make telephone calls to hospitals, patients, clinics, patient groups, that
are serving the rare disease patient community.
UK (England, Scotland, Wales),France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway,
Finland, Other countries in Europe, Canada
The closing date for applications is 15 th January 2017.Apply Now Send an email to email@example.com with a cover letter explaining why you want to be considered for one of the available roles. Provide a CV/resume. The latter must detail past work experience and skills gained.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 20 hours per month
- Outstanding communication skills written and oral