SoCal Parrot is a 501(c)3 non-profit which provides rescue, care, and rehabilitation for southern California's wild parrots. When a parrot is injured or orphaned, they are given care at our sanctuary in Jamul.
As an Animal Care volunteer, you will spend 2.5 to 4 hours, one day each week, assisting with: cleaning tasks, refilling food, washing dishes, raking enclosures, etc. Our daily work may not seem glamorous, but our cause is unique and important!
Currently, we have a need for Animal Care volunteers every day of the week. If you are interested in gaining more hands-on Animal Care experience and giving back to a local organization, this could be the role for you.
All training is provided by staff. Minimum 6 months' committment (1 shift per week; shift lasts 3 to 4 hours) required.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months; 1 shift per week, between 3 and 4 hours
- Under 18 considered with parent/guardian
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Help Rescue Injured, Wild Parrots!
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Rescue & Transport Injured Wild...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Help Care For Wild Parrots!