*Must have completed at least one year of service as an AmeriCorps VISTA, AmeriCorps State and National, AmeriCorps NCCC, PeaceCorps, and other CNCS programs. As a second-year national service member, the VISTA Leader will be responsible for recruitment, training, mentoring, resource acquisition, and ongoing support for all national service members serving at Our House*
- Manage the overall success of the AmeriCorps VISTA Program at Our House
- Lead and coordinate recruitment efforts for all Our House national service programs
- Provide technical support to VISTA and AmeriCorps member applicants and staff throughout the recruitment process
- Organize and conduct one-on-one mentorship meetings with VISTA and AmeriCorps members
- Coordinate with HR staff to ensure national service member files meet all CNCS and Our House requirements
- Provide support to current VISTA and AmeriCorps members, including seeking additional resources to aid VISTA members’ professional development and life on the living allowance
- Facilitate team-building activities and professional development education, including through the planning and coordination of National Service meetings
- Counsel VISTA and AmeriCorps members during exit and transition planning
- Educate staff and community members about national service programs and their benefits
- Assist staff during times of transition or between national service terms
- Plan and coordinate special service events that engage national service members at Our House
- Program Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Full-time (40 hours) for one year
- Must have completed at least one year of service in AmeriCorps, VISTA, or PeaceCorps.
- March 2017 VISTAs at Our House
- Volunteer Evening Children's...
- Volunteer Health and Wellness...
- Volunteer Education Tutor
- Volunteer Computer 101 Instructor
- Childcare volunteers needed at...
- Volunteer Financial Education...
- Become an Afterschool Homework...
- Little Learners classroom aides...
- A VISTA Leader at Our House
- Volunteer Employment Skills...