37 people are interested
San Fernando Valley Counseling Center - Board member opportunities
37 people are interested
SFVCC’s mission is to provide access to quality, affordable mental health counseling for individuals, couples and families who may be uninsured or have financial limitations through the dedicated commitment of well-trained, supervised volunteer counselors.
For more information, please see SFVCC’s website at www.sfvcc.org.Position
The Board will support the work of SFVCC and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by SFVCC's Director with a small staff, the Board-Director relationship is a partnership and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Attending the monthly Board meetings
- Serving as an advisor to the Director as s/he develops and implements SFVCC’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by SFVCC for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving SFVCC’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the Director
- Assisting the Director and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing SFVCC to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring SFVCC’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities SFVCC serves
SFVCC Board Members will consider SFVCC a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts, or solicit annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that SFVCC can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, SFVCC expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email heading 'Board Member Opportunities'
About San Fernando Valley Counseling Center
7247 Hayvenhurst Ave, A-8, Van Nuys, CA 91406, US
We believe in the benefits of counseling to a person's growth and development. Through the dedicated commitment of well-trained, supervised volunteer counselors, we provide access to quality, affordable mental health counseling for individuals, couples and families who may be uninsured or have financial limitations.
The San Fernando Valley Counseling Center is a non-profit organization with more than 40 years of providing quality, low cost counseling to the community.
Our counseling is provided by a dedicated and competent staff of paraprofessionals, graduate program trainees, interns and paraprofessional counselors, who are rigorously trained and supervised by licensed mental health professionals who share our vision and commitment to the community.
The Center is supported entirely by contributions from individuals, families and businesses in the community; by donations from those in the training program and by counseling fees from clients, all of which go directly to the Center to fund its operations.
7247 Hayvenhurst Ave, A-8Van Nuys, CA 91406
October 10, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of 15 hours monthly
- Board members are expected to make contributions to the center within their capacity.