Volunteer Humane Educator
48 people are interested
What is the Purpose of the Humane Educator Program?
The Education Department is committed to the challenge of teaching humane education. We are committed to equipping young people with the necessary tools to make wise, considerate and kind choices that will crate a more tolerant, less violent and more peaceful world.
What is Humane Education?
Humane education involves far more than the teaching of a simple animal-related curriculum. It is a process through which we:
- assist children in developing compassion, a sense of justice, and a respect for the value of all living creatures.
- provide the knowledge and understanding necessary for children to behave according to these principles.
- foster a sense of responsibility on the part of children to affirm and act upon their personal beliefs.
Why Teach Humane Education?
Numerous studies have shown that there is a correlation between abuse/ violence towards animals and a progression to violence towards people.Breaking this cycle of violence by teaching the tenets of kindness, respect and responsibility for animals is essential to creating a kinder, less violent community. Humane education is a vital step in a positive direction!
Teaching about the bond between people and animals is a birth to death process. Our education department prides itself on having something---in the way of education---for everyone!
Humane Educator Qualifications:
1. Be a good communicator and have strong interpersonal skills
2. Be Enthusiastic
3. Be reliable and punctual
4. Be 18 years of age or older
5. Be a licensed drive and have reliable transportation
We'll work with your schedule.
1201 Macklind AvenueSt. Louis, MO 63110
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Public Speaking
- General Education
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies 1-3 hours
- We seek a 6 month committment to serve 2-3 times per month.