79 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Humane Society of Missouri
Please visit the new page to apply.
79 people are interested
Be a Voice for the Voiceless!
Do you have a passion for animal welfare issues, a desire to PREVENT animal abuse and neglect AND a willingness to advocate for animals?
Volunteer as an HSMO Humane Educator and nurture empathy and inspire action among the youth in our community!
We are thrilled that demand for our education programs has once again reached pre-COVID levels and we need additional educators to help us reach 28,000 children and adults this year!
You choose the age groups, program types and frequency of volunteering.
- Guiding Interactive tours of our shelter and vet med center (optional: surgery observation).
- Facilitating engaging interactions between our visitors and the shelter animals
- Teaching about pet care, animal safety, interpreting body language, importance of spaying and neutering and much more!
- Connecting one-on-one with people at community outreach programs and info booths
- Providing engaging learning opportunities to children from under-resourced communities
- Volunteering w/ your partner or favorite person (We have several couples on our team)!
- Teaching classes with your happy, go lucky dog! (Approval/evaluation required)
- Leading "Pawrties with a Purrpose" (Birthday parties)
- Assisting Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts with earning animal-related badges
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Humane Society of Missouri
1201 Macklind Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63110, US
The Humane Society of Missouri is dedicated to second chances. We provide a safe and caring haven to all animals in need--large and small--that have been abused, neglected or abandoned. Our mission is to end the cycle of abuse and pet overpopulation through our rescue and investigation efforts, spay/neuter programs and educational classes. We are committed to creating lasting relationships between people and animals through our adoption programs. We further support that bond by making available world-class veterinary care, and outstanding pet obedience and behavior programs.
The Humane Society of Missouri is an animal welfare organization that strives to end the cycle of abuse, neglect, and pet overpopulation.
We have four locations where people can volunteer their efforts to help Missouri's animals: St. Louis City on Macklind Avenue, Maryland Heights in the Westport area, and Longmeadow Rescue Ranch in Union, MO.
1201 Macklind AvenueSt. Louis, MO 63110
October 3, 2023
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Public Speaking
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies 1-3 hours
- We seek a 6 month committment to serve 2-3 times per month.