American Transplant Foundation Mission and Purpose
American Transplant Foundation is a dynamic, energetic, fast paced nonprofit that works to increase the donation of organs and tissue to reduce the growing list of men, women and children who are awaiting a lifesaving transplant. We are currently seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist with event planning efforts. This internship is for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and event planning. An internship with the Foundation is a way to gain valuable professional work experience, learn a wide range of skill sets, and further a lifesaving mission.
Be a Communications and Event Management Intern with the American Transplant Foundation!
Why join our team as an intern?
- Your leadership will literally save lives!
- We make you feel like part of a team! We are a community of transplant patients, donor families, living donors, health professionals, and committed community members. Meeting amazing people at events is one of the top perks!
- You will increase awareness for the critical need for organ donation while raising funds for the most vulnerable transplant patients and their families.
- American Transplant Foundation is growing rapidly, in part due to growing interest nationwide for supporting living organ donation. As a part of this growth, you have the opportunity to engage the local and national transplant community through our many events and outreach projects!
To hear from our past interns, visit
* Initiate and lead event planning initiatives.
* Implement special event program.
* Act as a liaison between the organization and vendors.
* Solicit sponsors, secure silent auction items and conduct outreach to potential event attendees.
* Develop and coordinate marketing and promotional materials.
* Coordinate event logistics and volunteers.
* Complete other duties as needed.
- Manage all social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Manage outreach publications.
* Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
* Completed or working toward a college degree with an interest in non-profit
* Ability to communicate in a professional manner with others
* Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
* Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the American Transplant Foundation
Status: This is a part-time, 6-30 hours/week preferably once twice a week in the office, unpaid/volunteer internship.
To Apply: Visit our application portal here. A resume and cover letter are required. Questions about the application process can be directed to Autumn at email@example.com or 303-757-0959.
Thank you for making a life-saving impact for the local and national transplant community!
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18