At the American Transplant Foundation, we believe no one should die while waiting for a lifesaving transplant. As a national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we strive to save lives by reducing the number of men, women and children awaiting a transplant. Our supporters help the Foundation raise awareness about organ donation, collaborate with other organ donation groups, and work toward better public policy. Our passion for helping patients through their transplant journeys drives our efforts to support living donors as they give the Gift of Life. We do this through our work to eliminate financial concerns, eradicating educational gaps, and providing one-on-one transplant support.
Prospect Development Internship Opportunity
Join our team as a Prospect Development Intern and play a key role in our organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Research prospective donors to support our organization’s programs.
- Identify philanthropic indicators of prospective donors.
- Create donor profiles.
- Work with our team to develop contribution request strategies.
- Research and outreach for in-kind donors or multiple fundraising events.
- Grant research, some grant request writing possible (depending on experience.)
- Assist in the expansion of our Team Transplant by identifying team captains across the country.
- Customizing proposals based on specific donor guidelines.
- Compiling and formatting all necessary documents for large grant proposals if necessary.
- Researching funding sources using databases and the Interne
- The opportunity to learn an important skill for fundraising through hands-on practice; and the completion of a portfolio project to demonstrate to prospective employers.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with others.
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the American Transplant Foundation.
- You have a strong interest in learning how to develop funding for nonprofit organizations.
- A self-starter and a quick learner.
- Excellent writing skills and superior attention to detail.
- Completed or currently working toward a college degree with an interest in nonprofit organizations.
- Volunteer or employment experience at a nonprofit organization with an understanding for how nonprofits function.
- Desire to learn the ins-and-outs of fund development, along with a willingness to complete a range of tasks.
- Good organizational skills, an eye for detail and capacity to improve systems for greater efficiency.
- Analytically minded with an affinity for research and writing.
- Equally comfortable working with a team or working on your own with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a consistent schedule throughout the internship.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.americantransplantfoundation.org/about/internship-career/ and fill out our online application.
Please contact Autumn Porter at email@example.com or at 303-757-0959 with questions.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Reading / Writing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 6-30 hours per week