Friendly Visitor for Hospice Patient - Muskegon
1 person is interested
Volunteers serve as a member of our hospice team by sharing skills and interests that provides comfort and enriches the quality of life for our patients and their families. Volunteers provide care in the following ways...
- Support services - companionship, friendly visiting, active listening, bedside sitting, letter writing.
- Sharing hobbies and special interests -- reading, gardening, listening to music, sports, travel, crafts, etc.
- Assisting with errands - grocery shopping or picking up supplies.
- Homemaking tasks - light housekeeping, dishes, laundry, meal preparation.
- Military Veteran Support - pinning ceremonies, vet-to-vet support services, special tasks to help maintain home and yard.
Grace Hospice understands the impact that our volunteers have on our patients, and we are here to encourage and support whenever we can!If you have a few extra hours a week and would like to be a part of something remarkable, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Grace Hospice today!
About Grace Hospice-Grand Rapids
3355 Eagle Park Dr. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525, US
For each employee to treat every patient as their own treasured loved one, providing care that affords a quality of life that outweighs quantity of days, and supports caregivers as their hearts find healing.
Hospice is a philosophy of caring for patients whose medical conditions are not responding to treatment or for those patients who choose not to seek aggressive medical care at the end stage of life. It is a program for patients who are considered terminal and are expected to live six months or less if the disease follows its natural course, although many patients outlive this time frame. The hospice philosophy focuses on comfort care not curative care. The goal of hospice care is for the patient to remain as comfortable and pain-free as possible in their own home or the home of a loved one through the end of life. Hospice care can also be provided in a long-term care facility or an assisted living facility
We'll work with your schedule.
Grace HospiceMuskegon, MI 49444
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 visits per month; visits last approximately an hour