BROOKLYN: Calling all college students who are passionate about education & mentorship!
46 people are interested
A Let’s Get Ready Access Coach is a volunteer position for current undergraduate college students or recent graduates interested in supporting high school students from low-income households through SAT preparation and college admissions guidance, many of whom will be the first generation to attend college. Let’s Get Ready Coaches are a part of a network of approximately 1,000 college students per year working together to help students build confidence to tackle the SAT and get to and through college.
Coaches are expected to commit to:
- At least one night a week (3 hours) of direct tutoring and mentoring with a group of 5-7 high school students
- 1.5 hours a week to prepare for each week’s lesson and to communicate with students about homework questions, attendance reminders, and other support.
Let’s Get Ready provides training and ongoing support for all of its Coaches. Initial training is based around the SAT, its structure, and how to effectively engage a classroom of high school students. Secondary trainings are conducted by Let’s Get Ready Site Directors and focus on how to improve and give Coaches a chance to highlight some aspects of their role that are going really well. Throughout programming, Let’s Get Ready staff supports Coaches with a variety of resources and professional development opportunities as well as in-person observations and feedback.
Let’s Get Ready also provides lesson plans for each week of programming. We encourage coaches to be innovative and creative when implementing lesson plans and tailoring classes to the skill level of the students.
Classroom Management and SAT Preparation
- Provide SAT preparation (either Math or Writing and Language) to a group of 5 to 7 high school students from low-income families
- Use classroom management techniques to keep students engaged in each lesson
- Prepare lessons for each class night, taking into account student needs and areas of growth
Communication and Relationship Building
- Consistently communicate with students outside of class to help with homework completion and overall engagement in the program
- Work effectively with Site Directors and fellow Coaches throughout the program to build a strong network of leadership for your students
- Engage with all students throughout programming to not only build, but maintain strong relationships
- Help foster a college success culture through Let’s Get Ready’s College Choice curriculum
College Admission Support
- Engage students in conversations centered around college by guiding them through the College Choice Checklist
- Encourage a college-going culture in the classroom
- Lead weekly activities and discussion about the college admissions process
- Support the initial phases of developing a college essay
Who we look for: Let’s Get Ready seeks passionate individuals who are committed to the mission of providing educational resources and support to all students. Our Coaches are team players, focused on doing whatever it takes to help students gain the confidence that is needed to begin the college-going process.Questions? Contact email@example.com. Apply online at https://www.tfaforms.com/4722168
300 Jay StBrooklyn, NY 11201
- Teaching / Instruction
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Reading Comprehension
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week