59 people are interested
PRS CrisisLink CareRing Volunteer
59 people are interested
CareRing provides a friendly call to our clients each day to check in, make meaningful connections, and ensure the safety and the wellbeing of our clients. CareRing focuses on older adults (ages 60+) who are at an increased risk of isolation, depression, and suicide. Social isolation is the leading cause of depression and suicide in the older adult population, but is combated with daily social interaction from someone who is empathetic and enjoys listening.
What we're offering:
- 8 hours of online intensive training to provide effective emotional and social support to all age groups, but in particular older adults.
- Learn skills in crisis and suicide prevention, to include active listening and resources available.
- A chance to increase an individual's feelings of social connectedness; a chance to make people smile!
- Semester and year-long internships available (e-mail Allegra at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information).
- You must be 21 years of age to volunteer with CareRing.
- Must be willing to commit to at least one 3-hours shift per week after successful completion of training for the duration of one full year.
- Attributes needed are; empathy, a desire to listen to other people's stories, and social connectedness.
- Must be prompt and have reliable means of transportation to call center in Oakton, VA.
About PRS, Inc.
10455 White Granite Drive, Suite 400, Oakton, VA 22124, US
PRS provides behavioral health, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention services. PRS’ vision is to change and save lives in our community by empowering hope, safety, recovery, wellness, independence and community integration.
PRS exists so that individuals living with mental illness, substance use disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and anyone who faces life crises can achieve safety, personal wellness, recovery and community integration.
We work alongside our clients at all phases of recovery, teaching them how to live independently. With Centers in Fairfax, Mt. Vernon, VA, and residential sites throughout Northern Virginia, PRS offers a comprehensive array of programs including the Recovery Academy, Community Housing, Employment Services and Community Support Services, and PRS CrisisLink, a 24/7 suicide prevention and crisis intervention hotline and textline.
10455 White Granite Drive, Suite 400Oakton, VA 22124
September 23, 2021
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One 3 hour shift every week.