Emergency Management Volunteer Opportunity (No Experience Necessary)
The Osceola County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is searching for a motivated volunteer who is eager to gain experience in the emergency management field. Our program is designed to provide a hands-on learning opportunity for volunteers with an emphasis in emergency management and public service.
OEM accepts applicants into the volunteer program throughout the year. Applicants who have a passion for volunteering and giving back to their community can apply to be an Emergency Management Volunteer (EMV). EMVs are volunteers who commit to serve in a number of different functions according to knowledge, skills, abilities, (KSA) and need. Applicants WILL NOT be turned down based on their KSA.
To apply, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be available for an in-person interview at the volunteer location
- Applicants must be available for an informal meet and greet at the volunteer location before the in-person interview (the informal meet and greet may or may not be scheduled for the same day as the in person interview).
- Applicants must be available to volunteer a minimum of 16 hours per week (Fewer hours may be worked pending approval of the EM Director)
For questions or to apply, please email or call the Volunteer Coordinator at:
Osceola County Office of Emergency Management
2586 Partin Settlement Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34744
- Special Needs
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Inventory Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training