The Great Wall of Oakland is a small, Oakland-based arts nonprofit. Our mission is to educate, enliven and enrich urban communities with fresh and provocative art, to draw audiences to these spaces, and to provide talented artists worldwide a prominent place to showcase their work. Since 2006, every Friday during Oakland Art Murmur, the Great Wall of Oakland has illuminated the Uptown District with a 100'x100' projection installation of cutting-edge motion art from around the world. Thousands of Bay Area art fans descend upon the area to check out this one-of-a-kind site. The Great Wall provides high-quality art production for the general public, along with contributing to the economic and social health of Oakland and supporting artists in developing new work. On average, roughly 25,000 people interact with the Great Wall of Oakland each year. In addition to commissioning new work for the Wall, this year, the Great Wall will inaugurate a resident artist program in local schools, as well as a project that offers local residents the opportunity to get hands-on experience in video creation.
We're expanding our board, and particularly looking for individuals interested in fundraising, with legal and finance skills, and/or experience with strategic planning. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Attend board and committee meetings, take on special projects
- Make a meaningful contribution to the wall: donate or raise a minimum of $500 USD annually
- Promote our organization to your own network of friends, family, and colleagues, and to the community.
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization's annual financial statements, budgets.
- Support the development of our strategic plan
This is an great opportunity to get involved in the arts in Oakland, and to help us grow our unique organization!
- Business Development
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment