We are currently in need of volunteers to work in our Gift Shop/Cafe at The Friendly Home. Working in the Gift Shop involves visiting with Members and families while they are shopping, providing assistance selecting gifts, cards, or just stoppping by for Coffee, tea or an Ice Cream treat. The Gift Shop is run by volunteers and is such a wonderful place for our members and visiting friends and families to visit and have coffee and conversation. Our cafe area over looks the beautiful gardens.
We are very flexible with scheduling, you may work as little as two hours a month. Currently, there are many weekday openings with 2 hour shifts We would like to open the Gift Shop on weekends also by having regularly schedule volunteer.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Relations
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Two Hours per shift
- Church Service Volunteer
- Art Assistant
- Clerical assistant
- Gardners for our beautiful grounds
- Tuesday Evening Volunteer
- Eucharistic Minister to Bring...
- Friday Gift Shop Volunteer 2-4 pm
- Bingo Assistant- Provide...
- Visitor-To meet and establish a...
- Friendly Shop/Cafe Volunteer...
- Neighborhood Friend-Spanish...
- Recreation Assistant- Volunteers...
- Gift Shop Volunteers
- Tuesday Lunch Outing Volunteers
- Therapy Dog Visits
- Friday Afternoon Gift Shop 2-4
- Italian Speaking Volunteer...
- Neighborhood Companion
- Outdoor Visitor
- Monthly visitor to help write...