Patient & Family Outreach Volunteer
Purpose: The purpose of the Patient Access Volunteer Development program is to engage volunteers to enhance the support of blood cancer patients and their families and increase the awareness of LLS to further the Mission.
Position Title: Patient and Family Outreach Volunteer
Commitment:5-10 hours per month or mutually agreed upon time. Flexible schedule. 6 month commitment desired.
Basic Function:Welcome newly diagnosed patients and their family members to LLS and provide them with local chapter resources.
Direction:Volunteers under the direction of the Patient Access staff to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Location:Local chapter office or remote. If remote, must have access to computer, internet, email and phone.
Training:LLS orientation and volunteer training pertaining to job duties and responsibilities; Salesforce training.
Key Responsibilities May Include:
- Weekly or bi-monthly - review internal report listing callers and situations
- Weekly or bi-monthly - call patients and family members, inform them about LLS and local chapter resources (script and resources will be provided)
- Track and log calls/emails in Salesforce
- Update Patient Access staff about follow-ups/next steps/etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathy, and professional demeanor
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Word and Excel, and willingness to learn new software
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience working with cancer patients or in healthcare settings a plus
- Salesforce knowledge a plus
In most cases, you will be the first LLS representative a cancer patient or their family member talks to locally. You will be an important part of their cancer journey and provide much-needed support and resources.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18