Fraud Watch Network Volunteer - Bilingual
The AARP Foundation Office in Denver is seeking a dedicated volunteer to assist with a limited number of Spanish-speaking callers who call our consumer assistance helplines about fraud and scams. Our helplines field thousands of calls each month from individuals across the country that are inquiring about and reporting instances of fraud and scams targeting older adults.
If you are interested in being educated on the latest scams and making a difference in the lives of others who have become or could become the victim of a scam or identity theft, this opportunity is for you!
- Respond to Spanish-speaking callers with professionalism, respect and empathy
- Listen and take accurate reports of alleged elder fraud through via computer and manual documentation
- Make appropriate referrals and/or confer with staff for assistance
- Enjoy working with and helping people
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with others (Bilingual - Spanish/English)
- Comfortable using telephones and computers for correspondence and information gathering
- Ability to take clear and concise documentation
Training on fraud and taking calls/returning messages will be provided in addition to on-the-job coaching from staff and veteran volunteers.
Due to the limited amount calls we receive from Spanish-speaking callers, this volunteer position will be of a very limited nature and extremely flexible. This will be a remote opportunity and likely limited to an estimated one hour per week, on an as-needed basis. Training will be provided in-person at the Denver AARP Foundation office.
Does fighting fraud and identifying scam artists tickle your fancy? Are you willing to use your bilingual skills to help assist Spanish-speaking callers? Join our growing team of veteran and rookie volunteers who are making a difference in the lives of thousands of older adults every day. To learn more, contact Mark Fetterhoff at 720-947-5305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AARP Foundation volunteers will receive equal opportunity and treatment through recruitment, appointment, training and service. AARP Foundation does not discriminate based on age, disability, gender, race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or veteran status.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Varies; Very limited