The National MS Society, Northern California Chapter is looking for an energetic, responsible and organized individual to join the Development Team. The Big Day of Giving Internship is an exciting position, working independently, along with team assistance to create and execute a successful strategy for the participation by the Chapter in Sacramento’s local 24-hour day of giving campaign.
More than $6 million in funds were raised by numerous local nonprofit organizations during the 2016 Big Day of Giving. Last year, the Northern California Chapter of the MS Society brought in $3,000 and we hope to grow that exponentially with the help of a dedicated and highly-organized addition to the team.
This Big Day of Giving Internship will be unpaid and part-time, with much professional experience to be gained and eligibility for class credit.
- Develop communications plan and timeline for promoting the Chapter’s participation in BigDoG
- Proactively create and schedule most May 4 th social media posts in advance of event
- Generate creative ideas for encouraging donor giving and sharing social media posts with personal networks
- Produce materials for distribution and promotion
- Work with marketing team to retrieve any assets or resources needed to build posts
- Update GivingEdge profile online
- Participate in all trainings and meetings required by Foundation to qualify for BigDoG
- Create and coordinate Society Big Day of Giving events, if any
- Create strong plan for day-of outreach
- Attend Society gatherings, such as self-help group meetings, to promote
- Write article for Chapter’s local newsletter
- Contact Sacramento businesses that align with the Society’s mission to procure partnerships and matching funds
- Donor Management
- Public Relations
- Market Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18