FUNCTION OF THE VOLUNTEER FOOD PANTRY GREETER
Make a difference in our community by helping families get the food they need to be healthy and strong. The Friend of Champaign County Food Pantry Greeter is responsible for assisting CUPHD clients with making food selections in the food pantry. Food Pantry Greeters are considered ambassadors of the CUPHD and are expected to be courteous to clients as well as provide a positive and energized environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Greet clients making them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Assist clients to sign-in and hand them two grocery bags.
- Assist families with small children so that parent(s) can concentrate on selecting food.
- Assist clients to make selections providing suggestions for how they can prepare the food they are taking with them
- Arrange food supply for an appealing appearance.
- Keep the location clean and presentable at all times.
Excellent customer service skills.
- Warm and approachable personality.
- Ability to work independently. Also feel free to volunteer in pairs.
- Ability to frequently alternate from walking, standing and/or sitting.
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Must show proof of flu vaccine & a two-step TB test.
- One year or one semester commitment.
- Ability to work one day per week, (M-F, except holidays). Shifts from 8-12 and 12-5. Can choose one shift or multiple shifts. Ideally it would be the same day/time to assist with scheduling.
Special reserved parking space nearest to the main entrance.
Meet and engage with some of the most wonderful people in Champaign County (both clients and employees of CUPHD)
CUPHD offers an awesome environment for volunteers!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties listed above.
TO APPLY or if you have questions:
Call Julie Pryde at 217.531.5369 or Pat Robinson at 217.531.4257
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment