The Arlene R. Gordon Research Institute conducts studies designed to translate scientific findings and technological advances into useful solutions for people living with vision loss.
Lighthouse Guild has a grant to increase usage of public transportation. We are tracking perceptions and transit usage patterns of our clients before and after rehabilitation intervention. The vice president needs a volunteer with a great telephone voice and an empathetic demeanor to assist the department by administering a questionnaire to Lighthouse Guild Clients.
- Must be flexible and a self-starter who can adapt in a fast changing environment.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Must be friendly with excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a doctor’s office, hospital or other health care facility is preferred.
- Must be tech savvy and smart phone literate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking is preferred but not required.Other language skills are a plus.
- Sighted Guide training required.
- Mandatory participation in program training required before service.
Details of the Opportunity: The volunteers selected to participate in this opportunity are required to participate in a preliminary meeting in December and a mandatory training that will take place during the second week in January 2017. The volunteer will then be required to serve minimally in a regular shift from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday through Friday at least one day per week for at least 8 months. Alternately, when all time slots are filled a volunteer will be asked to serve as a substitute Client Service Representative when a regular volunteer is not available. A health form and proof of immunizations must be completed by physician. All candidates must be tested for TB prior to volunteering and submit to background check.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the hours you are available to work in your letter. Direct all questions to the Volunteer Resources Department (646) 874-8688.
Attire: Business casual (no jeans, no sneakers) required.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours per week