*Please, provide your phone number in the comments.*
Please note: You do not have to be in direct contact with the pets. You are advocating for them.
A Foster Pet Program Assistant is a key person in the process of helping a victim get out of their situation. 40% of domestic violence victims are unable to escape their abusers because they are concerned about what will happen to their pets when they leave. A Foster Pet Program Assistant helps spread the word about this very issue, therefore allowing us to find more short-term foster homes. From marketing, fundraising activities, pet transfer to liaison between the foster family and victim, the assistant insures a smooth process for all parties.
- Preparing material for prevention seminars, outreach programs and marketing via social media
- Accompanying and assisting the program coordinator to events
- Assisting with the recruiting and training of new foster pet families
- Insuring the completion of forms by the victim (victim and pet information, intake/assessment forms, agreement, releases of liability form, etc.)
- Screening and selecting foster pet families, insuring the completion of written contract by the foster family
- Monitoring the pet status throughout its stay on a weekly basis
- Serving as a liaison, providing follow-up between victims and foster families; updating the victim about their pet on a weekly basis
- Coordinating the transfer of pets
- Marketing the program to shelters, veterinarians, community donors, etc.
- Distributing marketing material throughout the community
- Organizing fundraisers to help with vet bills, food and supplies
- Picking up pet supplies from donors
- Maintaining building security by insuring that all doors stay locked at all times. Volunteers will never be alone in the building.
- Supporting other staff and volunteers as needed
- Maintaining cleanliness and care of the Center’s offices
- Supporting other areas whenever possible.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to understand and follow protocols
- Public speaking skills
- Customer service
- Ability to lift 50 lbs (picking up pet supplies such as dog food - once every other month)
- Positive attitude with callers, clients, staff and volunteers
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Awareness and adherence to confidentiality and boundaries
- Punctuality and dependability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite including Word, Power Point and Excel
- Excellent typing skills
- Commitment to non-violent and cooperative work environment
- Commitment to providing quality and equitable services to all clients regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, religion, age or sexual orientation
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to do online research
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
- Fluency in Spanish
- Knowledge of pet laws and licensing in our community
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hrs/week is preferred, but we're open to all.
- To be considered, please leave your phone number in the comment section when you apply!