CRB’s Technology Trainer Assistant will assist with CRB’s Nexus Program: Connecting Newcomers with Technology. The Technology Trainer Assistant will aid CRB staff in providing instruction to adult refugees interested in learning computer skills, such as navigating the Microsoft Office Suite, email, Google, and other online tools. Additionally, the Technology Trainer Assistant will help refugee and immigrants in one-on-one and small group work, to help develop the skills taught in the lessons.
This position requires a minimum time commitment of five out of nine weeks during NEXUS program and will take place on Saturdays, from 9 AM to 1 PM:
- Tutor adults during small group work and individual activities.
- Monitor students’ classroom behavior and encourage a positive classroom environment.
- Provide feedback to CRB staff on student progress and/or struggles on a consistent basis.
- Abide by all of CRB’s established protocols, codes of conduct, and procedures.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesdays, 8 AM - 11:30 AM, 1/10 - 3/21
- Attend one CRB volunteer orientation. Receive training before working independently.