Featured Exhibits Guest Services Volunteers provide OMSI visitors with friendly and helpful service as they navigate OMSI’s featured exhibits. Volunteers will be needed to support the exhibit Art of the Brick featuring one of the largest displays of Lego art running February 18th through May 29th.
After Art of the Brick closes, Featured Exhibits Guest Services Volunteers will be asked if they wish to continue on with the next exhibit, Pompeii, or if they wish to be reassigned within the museum. All OMSI volunteers are asked to commit to weekly or every other week shifts for at least nine months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Greet visitors and welcome them to the exhibit.
* Take tickets at the entrance to the exhibit and stamp hands.
* Monitor the exit of the exhibit.
* Assist visitors who need to leave and re-enter the exhibit in order to use the elevator to go from the downstairs to the upstairs portion of the exhibit
* Assist visitors with understanding the layout of the exhibit and provide information about daily events associated with the exhibit.
* Let visitors know where they may enjoy food or beverages elsewhere in the museum.
* Give clear directions and provide accurate information about other museum attractions and events.
* Able to provide excellent customer service while communicating protocols.
* Eager to work with children, adults and organized groups of visitors.
* Able to speak in public and respond to visitor inquiries.
* Able to listen and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and ages.
* Must present a professional appearance.
* Dependable and punctual.
* Self-directed and willing to take initiative.
* Willing to follow OMSI rules and procedures.
* Training and a lifelong learning experience.
* Admission for the volunteer to the museum, theater and planetarium shows, and submarine tours.
* An OMSI Family Membership upon completion of 50 hours of volunteer service.
* Discounts in the OMSI Science Store and on-site restaurants.
* The opportunity to meet many new people and learn more about OMSI.
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Two 4 hour shifts per month for 9 months
- OMSI Submarine Tour Guide...
- OMSI Development Intern
- OMSI Submarine Queuing Volunteer
- OMSI Guest Services Greeter (18+)
- OMSI Food Science Volunteer (18+)
- OMSI Physics Lab Volunteer (age...
- OMSI Marketing Internship
- OMSI Early Childhood Education...
- OMSI Chemistry Lab Volunteer...
- OMSI Exhibit Research and Design...
- OMSI Science Educator Volunteer
- OMSI Featured Exhibits Hall...
- OMSI Featured Exhibits Guest...
- OMSI Special Event Volunteer (18+)
- OMSI Earth Science Hall...