A special intergenerational reading adventure for 3rd and 4th graders.
We are still accepting students on a rolling basis!
Students spend time reading and discussing books with older adults. The program is ideal for youth to gain encouragement to reach for a book and spend time discussing books. students will nurture their natural love of reading and engage in a variety of fun and creative intergenerational activities.
The group will read aloud a few books over the course of 14 sessions and discuss the major themes of the books respecting other’s differences and the value of kindness. Great food and art activities will follow.
September 13 (orientation for youth,)
October 4, 18, 25
November 1, 8, 15, 29
December 6, 13, 20
Jan 3, 10, 17
3rd and 4th graders can register online at: http://www.dorotusa.org/book.
Only 12 spaces are available for youth. Parents need a pre-phone interview.
For more information, please contact Shai Rosenfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-441-5051
- Literacy / Reading
- Elder care
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 7
- Students entering 3rd or 4th grade
- Create Birthday Cards for the...
- Lead a teleconference class
- Lead a teleconference class for...
- Reading Adventure for 3rd and...
- Retired? Volunteer with DOROT...
- Escort a senior to a cultural...
- Become a Friendly Visitor with a...
- Teach computer skills to ...
- Intergenerational Chess - Youth...
- Help seniors with grocery...
- Knitting & Crocheting Afghans...
- DOROT School Year TEEN Internship
- Create Birthday Cards for Seniors