Tampa Bay Autism Speaks Walk- Mission Experience Chair
The Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and services.
Mission Experience Chair Overview: The Mission Experience Chair works with Autism Speaks staff to plan and execute the Mission Moment on event day and ensures that the mission is incorporated into every event held related to Autism Speaks Walk. This is a one-year term.
Volunteer Attributes: Passionate about the cause, detail-oriented, good communication skills, able to meet goals and deadlines, preferably has public speaking experience, but not required
If interested, please contact Katy Moreno at Katy.Moreno@AutismSpeaks.org or 407-473-0309. Submitting your request will not secure your place as the Mission Experience Chair.
- Understand the mission of Autism Speaks
- Understand the importance of fundraising for Autism Speaks
- Serve for one year as the Mission Experience Chair
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to implement the Walk as outlined in the Walk Manual
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to select and train an eloquent speaker to deliver the "Powered by Love" script on Walk Day
- Oversees ceremony stage program to ensure a seamless and meaningful 15-20 minute program
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to implement mission moment at meetings and Kickoffs
- Work with Walk Chair, Autism Speaks staff and committee to capture mission in action stories from participants
- Cultivate relationships with volunteers and community members who have directly benefited from the programs and services provided by Autism Speaks
- Indentify individuals who are willing to share their stories in person, in writing, and/or with the media
- Coordinate all mission-focused activities on Walk Day, including the mission-focused signage and onsite volunteers to assist in Walk Day mission activities
- Recruit, train, and manage a mission experience subcommittee
- Facilitate mission experience subcommittee meetings as needed
- Maintain a low expense ratio by adhering to the expense budget established by Autism Speaks staff
- Lead by example and actively fundraise for the Walk
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for or donate to the Walk
- Delegate responsibilities as needed to esnure the success of the Walk
- Evaluate and report recommendations for the next Walk cycle
- Recruit and mentor a Mission Experience Chair successor for 2018
About Autism Speaks
557 N. Wymore Road, Suite 101, Maitland, FL 32751, US
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Through partnerships and collaboration, we are committed to: Increasing global understanding & acceptance of people with autism Being a catalyst for life-enhancing research breakthroughs Increasing early childhood screening & timely interventions Improving the transition to adulthood Ensuring access to reliable information & services throughout the life span
Autism Speaks Walk is the world’s largest autism fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism. Powered by the love of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and supporters, the funds raised help ensure people of all abilities have access to the tools needed to lead 'their best lives’.
The commitment of individuals like you plays a critical role in raising the funding needed to fuel innovative research and lifelong supports and services. Working together, there is no limit to what we can achieve. Please register now Autism Speaks Walk at autismspeakswalk.org!