Tampa Autism Speaks Walk- Marketing & Outreach Chair
The Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and services.
Marketing & Outreach Chair Overview: The Marketing & Outreach Chair creates a year-round presence for the Autism Speaks Walk by building relationships with media partners and other key players within the local community and creating opportunities for coverage. The Marketing & Outreach Chair works closely with the Walk Chair and Team Recruitment Chair to attract new participants and achieve recruitment goals. This is a one-year term.
Volunteer Attributes: Passionate about the cause, outgoing, detail-oriented, good written and verbal communication skills, able to meet goals and deadlines
If interested, please contact Katy Moreno at Katy.Moreno@AutismSpeaks.org or 407-473-0309. Submitting your request will not secure your place as the Marketing & Outreach Chair.
- Understand the mission of Autism Speaks
- Understand the importance of fundraising for Autism Speaks
- Serve for one year as the Marketing & Outreach Chair
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to implement the Walk as outlined in the Walk Manual
- Provide support to Autism Speaks staff in creating an online presence for the Walk through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Follow all social media guidelines created by Autism Speaks
- Recruit, train, and manage a marketing and outreach subcommittee from top team captains, friends, relatives, business leaders, and industry experts whose main responsibility is to assist with marketing of the Walk through in-kind media donation and grassroots marketing activities
- Develop and implement strategies to receive free media. Be creative when looking for new approaches to promotional opportunities
- Help identify opportunities to expand outreach into diverse communities
- Facilitate marketing & outreach subcommittee meetings as needed
- Work with Team Recruitment Chair to identify opportunities to recruit new teams and participants
- Write and distribute press releases and participant stories to local media
- Submit Autism Speaks Walk event details to local calendars, both online and print
- Cultivate relationships with local community service organizations like the Kiwanis, Rotary and Junior League. Present information about Autism Speaks and solicit support for the Walk
- Maintain a low expense ratio by adhering to the expense budget established by Autism Speaks staff
- Lead by example and actively fundraise for the Walk
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for, and donate to the Walk
- Delegate responsibilities as needed to ensure success for the Walk
- Recruit and mentor a Marketing & Outreach successor for 2018
About Autism Speaks
557 N. Wymore Road, Suite 101, Maitland, FL 32751, US
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Through partnerships and collaboration, we are committed to: Increasing global understanding & acceptance of people with autism Being a catalyst for life-enhancing research breakthroughs Increasing early childhood screening & timely interventions Improving the transition to adulthood Ensuring access to reliable information & services throughout the life span
Autism Speaks Walk is the world’s largest autism fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism. Powered by the love of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and supporters, the funds raised help ensure people of all abilities have access to the tools needed to lead 'their best lives’.
The commitment of individuals like you plays a critical role in raising the funding needed to fuel innovative research and lifelong supports and services. Working together, there is no limit to what we can achieve. Please register now Autism Speaks Walk at autismspeakswalk.org!