Tampa Bay Autism Speaks Walk- Co-Chair
The Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and serivces.
Walk Co-Chair Overview: The Walk Co-Chair Walks hand in hand with the Walk Chair to coordinate all aspects of the event, as outlined in the Walk Manual. The goal of this position is to train next year's Walk Chair by having them serve as this year's Walk Co-Chair and learn on the job. This is a one-year term with the expectation of a two-year commitment.
Volunteer Attributes: Experienced fundraiser, passionate about the cause, detail-oriented, strong relationship building skills, able to multi-task, good communication skills, comfortable reminding people of pending deadlines and asking for status updates.
- Understand the mission of Autism Speaks and how the Walk fuels our mission
- Understand the importance of fundraising for Autism Speaks
- Serve for one year as the Walk Co-Chair
- Work with Autism Speaks staff to ensure the Walk is implemented as outlined in the Walk Manual
- Suppot the Walk Chair in all duties assigned to that role
- Work with Autism Speaks staff to develop a plan of action to ensure event recruitment, fundraising, sponsorship and mission goals are met
- Recruit, train, and manage a Volunteer Leadership Team consisting of the following positions: Corporate Development Chair, Fundraising Chair, Team Recruitment Chair, Team Retention Chair, Mission Experience Chair, Marketing & Outreach Chair, and Logistics Chair
- Encourage each committee chair to recruit, train, and manage their own subcommittee of volunteers to ensure there are enough volunteers to plan and execute the event
- Maintain regular communication with Autism Speaks staff and Volunteer Leadership Team, both through in-person meetings and written communication
- Cultivate relationships with top fundraisers and Team Captains
- Maintain a low expense ration by adhering to the expense budget established by Autism Speaks staff
- Conduct post-Walk review with staff and Volunteer Leadership Team
- Serve as the back-up volunteer spokesperson for the Walk
- Lead by example and actively fundraise for the Walk
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for, and donate to the Walk
- Delegate responsibilities as needed to ensure the success of the Walk
If interested, please contact Katy Moreno at Katy.Moreno@AutismSpeaks.org or 407-473-0309. Submitting your request will not secure your place as the Walk Co-Chair.
About Autism Speaks
557 N. Wymore Road, Suite 101, Maitland, FL 32751, US
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Through partnerships and collaboration, we are committed to: Increasing global understanding & acceptance of people with autism Being a catalyst for life-enhancing research breakthroughs Increasing early childhood screening & timely interventions Improving the transition to adulthood Ensuring access to reliable information & services throughout the life span
Autism Speaks Walk is the world’s largest autism fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism. Powered by the love of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and supporters, the funds raised help ensure people of all abilities have access to the tools needed to lead 'their best lives’.
The commitment of individuals like you plays a critical role in raising the funding needed to fuel innovative research and lifelong supports and services. Working together, there is no limit to what we can achieve. Please register now Autism Speaks Walk at autismspeakswalk.org!