Tampa Bay Autism Speaks Walk- Fundraising Chair
The Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and services.
Fundraising Chair Overview: The Fundraising Chair drives participant fundraising revenue for the Autism Speaks Walk. The Fundraising Chair works closely with the Walk Chair, Team Recruitment Chair and Team Retention Chair to set and achieve ambitious fundraising goals. This is a one-year term.
Volunteer Attributes: Experienced fundraiser, preferably someone who has achieved Grand Club Status in the past, passionate about the cause, outgoing, good verbal and written communication skills, able to meet goals and deadlines
If interested, please contact Katy Moreno at Katy.Moreno@AutismSpeaks.org or 407-473-0309. Submitting your request will not secure your place as the Fundraising Chair.
- Understand the mission of Autism Speaks
- Understand the importance of fundraising for Autism Speaks
- Serve for one years as the Fundraising Chair
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to implement the Walk as outlined in the Walk Manual
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to plan the Grand Club/Team Village celebration area at the Walk
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to create recognition program
- Serve as the fundraising expert on the Walk Committee
- Lead and facilitate fundraising discussions at committee meetings
- Recruit, train, and manage a fundraising subcommittee
- Facilitate fundraising subcommittee meetings as needed
- Be an expert on all Autism Speaks Walk fundraising resources and materials
- Be comfortable with and able to explain the online participant fundraising center
- Actively promote the incentive and recognition programs
- Support Team Recruitment and Team Retention Chair as needed
- Maintain a low expense ratio by adhering to the expense budget established by Autism Speaks staff
- Lead by example and actively fundraise for the Walk
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for, and donate to the Walk
- Delegate responsibilities as needed to ensure the success of the Walk
- Recruit and mentor a Fundraising Chair successor
About Autism Speaks
557 N. Wymore Road, Suite 101, Maitland, FL 32751, US
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Through partnerships and collaboration, we are committed to: Increasing global understanding & acceptance of people with autism Being a catalyst for life-enhancing research breakthroughs Increasing early childhood screening & timely interventions Improving the transition to adulthood Ensuring access to reliable information & services throughout the life span
Autism Speaks Walk is the world’s largest autism fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism. Powered by the love of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and supporters, the funds raised help ensure people of all abilities have access to the tools needed to lead 'their best lives’.
The commitment of individuals like you plays a critical role in raising the funding needed to fuel innovative research and lifelong supports and services. Working together, there is no limit to what we can achieve. Please register now Autism Speaks Walk at autismspeakswalk.org!