Tampa Bay Autism Speaks Walk- School Team Engagement Chair
Want to enage local schools in autism awareness and fundraising? This position may be for you!
The Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and services.
School Engagement Chair Overview: The School Engagement Chair works with Autism Speaks staff and the Team Recruitment and Retention Chairs to promote Autism Speaks Walk to school district leadership, parent/student organizations and engage all school teams (K-12). This person is responsible for making school relationships a top priority when retaining and recruiting teams and participants. This is a one year term.
Volunteer Attributes: Experienced fundraiser, preferably someone who has served as an Autism Speaks Walk Team Captain in the past, passionate about the cause, outgoing, detail-oriented, good written and oral communication skills, able to meet goals and deadlines, someone who has worked or volunteered in a elementary or high school setting would be ideal for this position.
- Understand the mission of Autism Speaks
- Understand the importance of fundraising for Autism Speaks
- Serve for one year as the School Engagement Chair
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to develop a plan of action to ensure team recruitment, fundraising, and year-round engagement goals are met
- Recruit, train, and manage a school engagement subcommittee from top school teams, school administrators, teachers, parent groups, and student groups
- Facilitate school engagement subcommittee meetings as needed
- Work closely with the Team Recruitment and Retention Chairs to share ideas and information
- Develop and implement strategies to reach new school teams
- Cultivate relationships and work with school principals and staff to recruit new school teams
- Provide fundraising materials and support to all school teams
- Be an expert on all fundraising and team resources and materials
- Actively promote the incentive and recognition programs
- Cultivate relationships with Team Captains from schools (K-12)
- Maintain a low expense ratio by adhering to the expense budget established by Autism Speaks staff
- Lead by example and fundraise for the Walk
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for and donate to the Walk
- Delegate responsibilities as needed to ensure the success of the Walk
- Recruit and mentor a School Engagement Chair successor for 2018
If interested, please contact Katy Moreno at katy.moreno@AutismSpeaks.org or 407-473-0309. Submitting your request will not secure your place as the School Engagement Chair.
About Autism Speaks
557 N. Wymore Road, Suite 101, Maitland, FL 32751, US
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Through partnerships and collaboration, we are committed to: Increasing global understanding & acceptance of people with autism Being a catalyst for life-enhancing research breakthroughs Increasing early childhood screening & timely interventions Improving the transition to adulthood Ensuring access to reliable information & services throughout the life span
Autism Speaks Walk is the world’s largest autism fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism. Powered by the love of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and supporters, the funds raised help ensure people of all abilities have access to the tools needed to lead 'their best lives’.
The commitment of individuals like you plays a critical role in raising the funding needed to fuel innovative research and lifelong supports and services. Working together, there is no limit to what we can achieve. Please register now Autism Speaks Walk at autismspeakswalk.org!