Tampa Bay Autism Speaks Walk- Logistics Chair
Do you love planning large scale events and raising funds for autism? This volunteer position may be perfect for you!
The Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and services.
Logistics Chair Overview: The Logistics Chair serves as the volunteer leader for all event planning aspects of the Autism Speaks Walk. The Logistics Chair works closely with the Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to ensure a quality event experience. The Logistics Chair must understand the importance of adhering to the Walk standards and working with staff to ensure a well-run, safe and mission focused fundraising Walk. This is a one-year term.
Volunteer Attributes: Passionate about the cause, detail oriented, able to multi-task, good communication skills, and able to meet goals and deadlines. Event or party planning experience preferred but not required.
- Understand the mission of Autism Speaks
- Understand the importance of fundraising for Autism Speaks
- Serve for one year as the Logistics Chair
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to implement the Walk as outlined in the Walk Manual
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to select a date and venue for the Walk
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to secure a safe and enjoyable route
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to coordinate the layout of the event site
- Recruit, train, and manage a logistics subcommittee of volunteers
- Facilitate logistics subcommittee meetings as needed
- Obtain any necessary permits for both the site and the route and ensure originals are in the master file at Autism Speaks with a copy in Logistics Chair binder
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of the event, including but not limited to: securing in-kind donation of refreshments, recruiting event day entertainment, coordinating signage, ensuring trash removal, managing event bathroom needs, and creating a plan for parking and traffic flow
- Maintain a low expense ration by adhering to the expense budget established by Autism Speaks staff
- Lead by example and actively fundraise for the Walk
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for, and donate to the Walk
- Delegate responsibilities as needed to ensure the success of the Walk
- Recruit and mentor a Logistics Chair successor for 2018
If interested, please contact Katy Moreno at Katy.Moreno@AutismSpeaks.org or 407-473-0309. Submitting your request will not secure your place as the Logistics Chair.
About Autism Speaks
557 N. Wymore Road, Suite 101, Maitland, FL 32751, US
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Through partnerships and collaboration, we are committed to: Increasing global understanding & acceptance of people with autism Being a catalyst for life-enhancing research breakthroughs Increasing early childhood screening & timely interventions Improving the transition to adulthood Ensuring access to reliable information & services throughout the life span
Autism Speaks Walk is the world’s largest autism fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism. Powered by the love of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and supporters, the funds raised help ensure people of all abilities have access to the tools needed to lead 'their best lives’.
The commitment of individuals like you plays a critical role in raising the funding needed to fuel innovative research and lifelong supports and services. Working together, there is no limit to what we can achieve. Please register now Autism Speaks Walk at autismspeakswalk.org!