Become a VITA Volunteer.
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereHartford AreaHartford, CT 06106
VITA stands for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.
The program helps individuals and families, with annual incomes up to $54,000, get the tax refunds they’ve earned at no cost, and with help from IRS-certified volunteers. Our VITA sites are located in Greater Hartford and the Windham Region. To volunteer, no experience is required and free training is provided.
You can help by:
* Preparing and filing income tax returns with filers; or
* Greeting filers, managing appointment schedules; and
* Helping filers learn about ways to save and stretch their refunds; or
* Translating languages for volunteers and filers
Check out our website: http://unitedwayinc.galaxydigital.com/aem/general/event/?doc_id=3388
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week
- Volunteers are required to complete IRS certification training. Training is free and provided.