Corporate Development Chair - Autism Speaks Tampa Bay
Are you looking to spread autism awareness among corporations in Tampa Bay? This volunteer position may be perfect for a local Tampa executive who is ready to take a volunteer leadership position!
The Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and services.
Corporate Development Chair Overview: The Corporate Development Chair oversees and coordinates all aspects of securing financial contributions and in-kind gifts for Autism Speaks Tampa Bay. The Corporate Development Chair works closely with the Chair and Autism Speaks staff to develop strategic partnerships, and helps the Recruitment Chair recruit and register corporate teams. This person must be committed to 20% of revenue being generated from sponsorship and in seeking new relationships and partnerships. This is a one-year term.
Volunteer Attributes: Experienced fundraiser, passionate about the cause, outgoing, strong relationship building experience, detail-oriented, good verbal and written communication skills, able to meet goals and deadlines
- Understands the mission of Autism Speaks
- Understands the importance of fundraising for Autism Speaks
- Serve for one year as the Corporate Development Chair
- Work with Chair and Autism Speaks staff to implement the Walk as outlined in the Walk Manual
- Act as the main point of contact for all corporate partner and sponsor activities
- Recruit, train, and manage a corporate development subcommittee from top team captains, friends, relatives, business leaders, and colleagues whose main responsibility is to assist with sponsor recruitment and retention efforts
- Facilitate corporate development subcommittee meetings as needed
- Brainstorm with committee to identify connections to local companies
- Generate a list of potential sponsors
- Secure event sponsors
- Report progress to Walk Chair weekly
- Work with Team Recruitment Chair to recruit and register corporate teams
- Secure any sponsor logos need for the website and print materials
- Act as a sponsor liaison at the Walk to ensure that sponsors are satisfied with their Walk experience
- Ensure the fulfillment of sponsor benefits, both pre-event and on-event
- Maintain a low expense ratio by adhering to the expense budget established by the Autism Speaks staff
- Lead by example and actively fundraise for the Walk as well as recruit at least one sponsor from your company, organization or circle of influence
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for, and donate to the Walk
- Delegate responsibilities as needed to ensure the success of the Walk
- Recruit and mentor a Corporate Development Chair successor for 2018
If interested, please contact Katy Moreno at Katy.Moreno@AutismSpeaks.org or 407-473-0309. Submitting your request will not secure your place as the Corporate Development Chair.
About Autism Speaks
557 N. Wymore Road, Suite 101, Maitland, FL 32751, US
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Through partnerships and collaboration, we are committed to: Increasing global understanding & acceptance of people with autism Being a catalyst for life-enhancing research breakthroughs Increasing early childhood screening & timely interventions Improving the transition to adulthood Ensuring access to reliable information & services throughout the life span
Autism Speaks Walk is the world’s largest autism fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism. Powered by the love of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and supporters, the funds raised help ensure people of all abilities have access to the tools needed to lead 'their best lives’.
The commitment of individuals like you plays a critical role in raising the funding needed to fuel innovative research and lifelong supports and services. Working together, there is no limit to what we can achieve. Please register now Autism Speaks Walk at autismspeakswalk.org!