For members in the Huron Valley Group Area. An opportunity to build and maintain strong relationships with state and federal elected officials in the Huron Valley Group area -- Washtenaw, Lenawee, and Monroe Counties. Regular or ongoing visits with legislators and councilpeople (possibly County Commissioners or key township officials) to discuss key conservation and legislative issues -- fracking, renewable energy, factory farms, pipeline, development/sprawl, preservation of open spaces. Sometimes breakfasts or coffees, this is an opportunity to get involved in the public process, and a chance to make it work for the environment!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Great Lakes Committee assistant
- Internship Coordinator
- In-district Meetings with Local...
- Conservation Committee assistant
- Fundraising assistant
- Executive Committee Member...
- Sierra Club booth at Ann Arbor...
- General office help-Lansing
- Environmental Education...
- Energy campaigns assistant
- Sustainable Agriculture Campaign...
- Development vs environment...
- Gas & Oil extraction research...
- Outings Leader
- 50th Anniversary Committee
- Communications Committee assistant
- Political Committee Members