MetIncPowerCo is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization in Georgia seeking volunteers and Virtual STEM Mentors who can participate in a video series that helps historically underrepresented youth populations (minorities and females) get inspired and stay engaged with STEM-based academic courses through their high school and college years, yielding a STEM-based career. The world needs more people like you, to share your story and inspire youth interested in STEM-based fields. We aim to help students uncover a pathway to reach their goals and aspirations. Won't you help us unleash the power of YES for middle school and high school students all across Georgia? All we need is 2 minutes of your time to help change lives. Once you've made the connection- those 2 minutes have the opportunity to turn into long lasting relationships as a STEM On-Site Mentor. Through our Building E-STE(A)M For Youth Partnership, we inspire and build youth self-esteem to raise young people's aspirations to new heights and transform "I CAN'T" attitudes into " I CAN" behaviors and aptitudes in areas such as:
- Math, Medicine, Materials, Mechanics
To participate in the Building E-STE(A)M For Youth STEM video series we are asking that each volunteer/ mentor complete the following steps: - Complete Volunteer Packet
- Attend Volunteer Orientation
- Record your 30 sec to 2 minute video (HD Video Quality) answering the following questions: 1. Introduce Yourself: Name, Occupation 2. Tell how you were inspired to get into your STEM-based field 3. Tell whether you had options to study STEM-based curriculum in high school, or college 4. Was their anyone who inspired you, or continues to inspire you in your career goals or personal goals? 5. What are your top 3 favorite apps, and why? 6. Give an inspirational quote, or short message about why it's important to transform from an " I CAN'T " attitude to adopting an "I CAN" behavior and aptitude in life - Email your video to: email@example.com with subject line "STEM Mentor Video" along with a copy of your resume/ portfolio of work.- Invite your STEM/Hi-Tech colleagues , or people you know who would be great at inspiring students with their story to join in the Building E-STE(A)M For Youth Partnership Project.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A 1-time 2 minute video/ up to 45 minutes per Sat.
- Experience with Adobe Connect, Google Hangout, Microsoft 365 preferred; secure internet connection
- #OurBoardRocks: Join our...
- (Virtual) Volunteer Admin...
- Teach Seniors Technology!...
- STEM Mentor- Virtual (Video /...
- Computer Coding/ Computer...
- #WITHSTEMUCAN: Be the STEM...
- Fundraising Street Team:...
- We're social butterflies! We...
- Help us Just Say YES! to Reading...
- Being the CEO of ME - Help...
- Blog Content Writer...