Left Forum seeks organized and tech-savvy individuals to work alongside our experienced organizers and volunteers in managing our growing administrative systems and expanding collection of special projects that are essential to the maintenance and growth of the organization.
This volunteer position can be modified to fit your interests and/or schedule. Depending on the time you have to give and the areas you would be interested in helping out in, this volunteer position can focus on a specific project (i.e. managing our fundraising administrative processes and correspondence) or have a general focus that develops as new projects arise. With this rounded general focus: volunteers will spend time collaborating with others and working with various coordination teams (from PR to Event Planning) as we build upon our existing databases, administrative systems, content, and overall resources.
The ideal person for this role is someone who is committed to social justice, self-motivated, comfortable taking on project-coordination, has a keen eye for detail, and has the ability to bring creative ideas into organizational and administrative processes. Experience in administrative systems is also a plus.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES and PROJECT AREA EXAMPLES
- Engage all aspects of contact record and database management, including: maintaining/updating/deduping contact records, inputting and searching data, generating reports, etc.
- Physical and digital administrative file organization and maintenance
- Update website and social media content
- Assist in volunteer/intern outreach, recruitment, and application evaluation
- Assist in the development and maintenance of office schedules, procedures, and timelines
- Assist in the day to day operational concerns (from financial planning and research to cross-team coordination and long-term planning/roadmap development for the upcoming conference)
- Work alongside Left Forum coordinators to engage and develop new administrative projects as necessary
BACKGROUND AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Strong organizing and research skills
- High level of attention to detail and ability to see projects through to their completion
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Generally tech savvy and a quick learner
- Excellent communication and research skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google Docs is a plus
- Passion for grassroots organizing and social justice
We're a small organization with a dedicated group of staff, organizers, and volunteers, leaving lots of room for your creativity. We understand that every volunteer’s schedule is different and would be thrilled to have you commit a couple hours a week or more (if you are able). This opportunity can begin immediately or according to your upcoming availability. Please note: this volunteer opportunity is unpaid.
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Database Administration
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10+ hours per week