Friend to Hospice Patient - Muskegon, MI
3 people are interested
Volunteers serve as a member of our hospice team by sharing skills and interests that provides comfort and enriches the quality of life for our patients and their families. Volunteers provide care in the following ways:
- Support services - companionship, friendly visiting, active listening, bedside sitting, letter writing.
- Respite services - visiting with patient to provide the caregiver with breaks.
- Sharing hobbies and special interests - reading, gardening, listening to music, sports, travel, crafts, etc.
- Assisting with errands - grocery shopping and picking up supplies.
- Homemaking tasks - light housekeeping, dishes, laundry, meal preparation.
Grace Hospice understands the impact that our volunteers have on our patients, and we are here to encourage and support whenever we can! Training is provided.
If you have a few extra hours a week and would like to be a part of something remarkable, apply today! Visit our website at www.ghospice.com/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities.html or call the Grace Hospice Volunteer Coordinator at 616.432.2050.
We'll work with your schedule.
MuskegonMuskegon, MI 49442
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 visits per month
- one-year minimum commitment