Retirees can you assist individuals with disabilities during weekly riding lessons?
2 people are interested
Retirees are you looking for something to do with your extra time?
Want to learn about horses?
Enjoy working outdoors?
Enjoy working with individuals with disabilities?
Then Wings of Hope Equitherapy is the place for you!
Wings of Hope provides equine assisted activities to children and adults with unique physical, mental, and emotional challenges.Lessons are held in our covered arena or outside on the trail.
Monday through Thursday mornings, afternoon, and evenings and Saturdays morning and afternoon
- Volunteer 1 1/2 -2 hours each week
- No horse experience necessary
- Physically fit and able to walk for an hour over uneven ground
- Able to communicate with instructor, rider, and other volunteers
- At least 14 years old
All volunteers start as side walkers, walking next to the rider during their lessons to provide safety and support.
Find our volunteer application and handbook on our website www.wingsofhopehorses.org
We'll work with your schedule.
4200 CR 806Cleburne, TX 76031
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 1 1/2 - 2 each week
- must be able to commit to the same day and time each week.