AmeriCorps VISTA Member position for one year of service. Member will serve within Bethany Christian Services' Refugee & Immigrant Services, which provides employment, housing, medical, and case management services to newly resettled families.
The VISTA Member will develop a comprehensive outreach strategy to inform the community about refugee resettlement and highlight service opportunities. Outreach strategies will include delivering presentations, hosting webinars, networking with colleges and community organizations, and creating a newsletter. Additionally, the VISTA Member will assist with fund development through grantwriting and planning events, including the annual Refugee World Cup soccer tournament.
Duties will include: 1) Delivering engaging presentations to diverse audiences.; 2) Researching the latest trends on refugees and updating presentation information accordingly; 3) Setting up new relationship with community organizations; 4) Raising funds through grantwriting and planning events; 5) developing policy briefs to inform supervisors and community members about refugee trends.
- B.S. or B.A. preferred
- Experience with fundraising preferred
- Experience working with immigrants/refugees preferred
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to develop, implement, and effectively communicate about new systems/procedures
- Self-motivated worker who takes initiative in developing new projects/tasks/responding to emerging needs and challenges
- Strong time management skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Speaking
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours per week
- To apply: Interested candidates must create applications on https://my.americorps.gov/
- Mentor at-risk Youth through The...
- Mentor 18-year-old refugee youth...
- Mentor refugee youth in Belding
- Mentor an at-risk Youth
- Male Mentors Needed to Mentor...
- Mentor an at-risk Youth
- Mentor Nigerian female refugee...
- Mentor Spanish-Speaking Male...
- ESL Tutors Needed to Work with...
- AmeriCorps Youth Services...
- Mentor a Youth at the Grand...
- Bus training for Refugee Adult
- Mentor refugee youth from China
- Tutor at the Grand Rapids Center...
- Volunteer Needed for In-class...
- Mentor 16-year-old male refugee...
- AmeriCorps Refugee Resource...
- AmeriCorps Advocacy Specialist
- GED Tutor
- Mentor Honduran Refugee Youth