Mandala Training Program - Live, Work, and Learn in a Buddhist community Seeking dedicated idealists
WhenMon Jun 12, 2017 08:30 AM - Tue Dec 12, 2017 04:45 PM
Where2018 Allston Way1815 Highland PlaceBerkeley, CA 94709
We are looking for responsible, serious residents who are excited to explore a way of life centered on community, personal growth, and service to others.
We offer a challenging and enriching work-study environment, where working to benefit others is the key to unlocking your inner potential.
Are you curious and creative? Do you love participating in a variety of activities, working in non-profit, team-oriented settings, and cooperating with others to accomplish a shared vision to bring goodness into the world? Then the Mandala Training Program may be the perfect place for you.
The program includes:
1. Freshly-prepared vegetarian meals
2. Housing in a community setting - either your own room, or with one roommate.
3. Classes on meditation, Tibetan yoga, Tibetan Buddhism, and more at the Nyingma Institute and Dharma College.
4. Daily meditation and practices
5. Opportunity to transform work into a meaningful practice that leads to inner development and benefits others
Work-practice assignments may include:
1. Copywriting, e-marketing, email design, website updates, social media
2. Event planning and coordination, office administration
3. Grant-writing, both academic and for non-profits
4. Sacred art projects, especially involving sewing
5. Cooking vegetarian meals for groups
6. Maintenance and property management, including gardening
8. Volunteer management and coordination
9. Information technology
We seek people who have the experience, education, or who have the aptitude and willingness to learn and develop the necessary skills in one or more of these areas. Special training will be provided for the sacred art projects.
1. Willingness to fully participate in all program activities
2. Readiness to contribute energy and enthusiasm
3. Open-minded, self-reflective, and ready to learn and engage deeply on inner and outer levels.
4. Will follow all the program rules and abide by a simple Code of Conduct for the community.
5. Healthy and able to care for oneself, and without significant mental or physical health issues
6. Comfortable with either office work or light physical work, or a combination
7. You do not need to be Buddhist, but you must be open, respectful, and curious about what we do.
8. Minimum commitment is 6 months
9. Couples are welcome.
10. We are a drug-free community and ask that alcohol and meat not be brought onto the premises.
Please visit www.mandalatraining.org for full details about the program.
We are located in the colorful and free-spirited city of Berkeley, near the university. The Mandala Training program offers a structure to help you work with and deepen your experience, with mandatory morning meditation and a class specially designed for full-time participants.
How to apply
Visit our website to download the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please also feel free to reach out with any questions or to chat about living and working with us!
Link to application: http://www.mandalatraining.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/mtpapplication-jun2017.pdf
- Cooking / Catering
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- at least 6 months starting in March 20, 2017