Sustainable Contra Costa (SCOCO) has an opportunity available for a volunteer fundraising director. This is a Board of Directors position.
Sustainable Contra Costa is a community of citizens, educators, innovators, and organizations working together to create ecologically sustainable, economically vibrant, and socially just communities for all. Our work is based on the 10 principles of One Planet Living and we are committed to helping achieve the global Sustainable Development Goals through local actions in the greater Contra Costa region. Our programs and initiatives leverage the power of individual and community-wide daily actions to transform the way we interact with the world around us, each other, and ourselves.
We are seeking someone who is self-motivated, has prior fundraising experience, and about 3-5 hours a week they can dedicate to creating a more Sustainable Contra Costa. Schedule is flexible.
The Fundraising Director baseline responsibilities include the following:
1. Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement fundraising plans.
2. Identify new fundraising opportunities and evaluate prospective grants.
3. Help prepare and submit grant proposals.
4. Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors and support the Board in doing so.
5. Maintain accurate records in database of grants and donations.
6. Track statistics relevant to development and report to Board.
7. Work with Marketing Director to develop SCOCO promotional materials.
8. Attend monthy (Monday evening) Board Meetings.
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- 3-5 hours per week