Sustainable Contra Costa (SCOCO) invites passionate and dedicated individuals to volunteer to help us further our mission. Learn about sustainability principles and practices while building up your resume, collaborating with a fabulous team, making valuable contacts, and getting hands on experience at a cutting edge organization!
Sustainable Contra Costa is a nonprofit that educates, connects and inspires Contra Costa individuals and organizations to embrace a sustainable lifestyle. We are a community of citizens, educators, innovators, and organizations working together to create ecologically sustainable, economically vibrant, and socially just communities for all. Our work is based on the 10 principles of One Planet Living and we are committed to helping achieve the global Sustainable Development Goals through local actions in the greater Contra Costa region. Our programs and initiatives leverage the power of individual and community-wide daily actions to transform the way we interact with each other and the world around us.
We have an immediate volunteer opportunity for a solid and motivated Fundraising Director . This is a Board of Directors position. We are seeking someone who has prior fundraising experience and at lease 5 hours a week they can dedicate to creating a more Sustainable Contra Costa. This volunteer will fill a vital supporting role with the organization, enabling SCOCO to operate with a compelling and consistent presence while significantly increasing the awareness of our mission and our organizational capacity.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement fundraising plans
- Research and identify fundraising opportunities from foundations and corporations and evaluate prospective grant opportunities
- Help prepare and submit grant proposals
- Cultivate and maintain good relationships with donors and support the Board in doing so
- Maintain accurate records in database of grants and donations
- Track statistics relevant to development and report metrics and data to the Board and donors as needed
- Work with Marketing Director to develop SCOCO promotional materials
- Attend monthly Board Meetings
The Fundraising Director will work remotely on their own computer when not attending meetings. Hours and location are flexible, and volunteers must be comfortable structuring their own time. Our volunteer positions provide on-the-job experience and substantial professional benefits including:
* Working with a unique local environmental non-profit organization and with fun, spirited
and dedicated team members who really appreciate each other
* Connecting with innovative and pioneering leaders in the expanding field of sustainability
* Improving outreach, fundraising and communication skills
* Valuable job networking
* Community service credit for school, if desired
* Letter of recommendation/professional reference, based on performance
Role of the Board: The SCOCO board oversees carrying out the mission of the organization and sets the overall direction, policies, and use of funds. The Board looks forward and ensures that the future of the organization is sustainable in all aspects, including funding, relevance, membership, and structure.
Board Member General Qualifications: Desired qualifications include: a) passionate about our mission, b) can lead committees, programs, or projects, c) have time available, d) have relevant sustainability-related expertise or other experience that is helpful to the organization, e) can represent the organization in a professional manner, f) can work effectively with existing Board members, g) can commit to a three-year term, h) live in Contra Costa County.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION : send your resume and a cover letter to Batya Gelfand at: firstname.lastname@example.org, with FUNDRAISING DIRECTOR APPLICATION as the subject. Please indicate in your cover letter why this position suits your skills, interests and experience. For more info, please check out our website: www.sustainablecoco.org , or email email@example.com THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!