- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
10 people are interested
Be a HOSPICE VOLUNTEER. . .
Hospice care creates an environment of comfort and dignity for patients and their families. Hospice volunteers have an amazing opportunity to make an enormous difference in the lives of others.
Please note that the address listed is for our local office, but we cover southwestern Pennsylvania and have specific needs in Beaver, Clarion, Armstrong and Lawrence counties so you can stay close to home.What does a hospice volunteer do, exactly?
Well, activities done as an Amedisys hospice volunteer can come in many forms. From reading at a patient’s bedside to knitting lap blankets to calling family members to helping with errands - there are a wide range of possibilities. Common volunteer activities often include:
- Playing checkers, cards, board games
- Assisting with knitting, painting and other craft projects
- Writing letters
- Providing healing therapies (with appropriate certifications)
- Providing respite for caregivers
- Weekend support phone calls to patients and families
- Providing spiritual support
Amedisys provides quality services to those we're privileged to care for; it’s our philosophy that hospice volunteers are part of the caregiver team. To insure quality care for our patients and families, we have a few requirements of hospice volunteers:
- A background check (we will run at no cost to you)
- Three references
- An agreement to protect patient privacy (HIPAA/confidentiality)
- Parental consent for volunteers 16 or 17 years old
- A TB test (we will arrange)
Becoming a hospice volunteer may feel like a big step but we’ll walk you through it. We support our volunteers with orientation and training that helps you know what to do. You’ll learn about:
- How the hospice care team works and your role in it
- Helpful hints for being successful and how to manage stress
- The psychological, social and spiritual needs of hospice patients
- How to provide bereavement support
Hospice volunteers have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of patients and families. At Amedisys, we are committed to insuring that you have a positive volunteer experience.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
240 Pullman SquareSuite 255Butler, PA 16001
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- None, but all and any time is appreciated.