The Allen Farmers Market is a year round Farmers Market held outside during the summer and in the Allen Market Place in the winter. This SNAP-friendly market takes place every Wednesday. It features local goods and produce, live music, and nutrition education. The Farmers Market is a staple in the community. Neighbors from the Eastside, and beyond, enjoy coming to the Market, perusing the booths, trying samples, and supporting local businesses.
This opportunity, will be for our OUTDOOR Market. Due to weather in colder months, we have two seasons, Indoors and outdoors. Since there is no restriction on space outdoors, we have the most need for volunteers then.
Volunteers for Allen Farmers Market assist in set up, tear down, and talking to neighbors to promote a sense of community.
- Set-Up: 11am-2:30pm on Wednesdays
- Parking Lot Attendant from 2:30pm-4:45pm on Wednesdays:Our parking lot attendant will guide traffic into available spots in the parking lot, and guide traffic out as well.
- Parking Lot Attendant from 4:45pm-7:00pm on Wednesdays: Our parking lot attendant will guide traffic into available spots in the parking lot, and guide traffic out as well.
- Market Greeter from 2:30pm-4:45pm on Wednesdays:
Volunteers will be at the entrances of the market (off of AllenStreet, Kalamazoo Street, and Shepard Street) greeting neighbors, handing out fliers, and tracking the number of patrons who enter.
- Market Greeter from 4:45pm-7:00pm on Wednesdays:
Volunteers will be at the entrances of the market (off of Allen Street, Kalamazoo Street, and Shepard Street) greeting neighbors, handing out fliers, and tracking the number of patrons who enter.
- Tear Down: 6:30-8:00pm on Wednesdays
The Farmers Market is open every Wednesday, 3pm-7pm, at Allen Neighborhood Center, 1611 E. Kalamazoo St. Lansing MI, 48912.
To learn more about the Farmers Market contact Sam Bigley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Julia Kramer, the Market Manager, at email@example.com
If you are interested in getting involved, fill out the volunteer form found here:
- People Skills
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training