RADAR needs an experienced volunteer Social Media Coordinator to help manage, lead, and expand our efforts on Facebook & Twitter, to expand our supporter base and drive traffic to our website. RADAR is 100% volunteer-operated, and we are dependent on donations from our supporters. The person in this volunteer position will work with the Facebook and Twitter Assistants and work with our Marketing & PR Team, sharing ideas and collaborating!
The ideal candidates would be responsible for:
- Coordinating and planning social media posts, and maintaining a schedule for posting content.
- Analyzing page insights.
- Make certain that page comments are made and questions are answered on our social media posts.
- Help find, select and approve appropriate shelter and dog rescue-related content and other relevant content for posting.
- Help create photo collages, memes and other graphics, with consistent design and message.
- Experience and interest in dog rescue.
- Solid understanding of Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience and ability to analyze page insights, which helps determine the direction we need to go.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to write engaging content.
- Proficiency with photo editing / graphics program, and have an eye for style and quality.
- Needs to be able to devote time every day.
- Collaborate with other volunteers and help us improve our social media strategy.
- Respond to emails and other communication requests from RADAR co-founders and other volunteers in a timely manner.
Serious inquiries only, please!
If you are interested, please send us your ideas, how you think you can help and specifics on your experience level. We'll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible (if you don't see our response within 48 hours in your Inbox, please be sure to check your SPAM folder for our response)!
RADAR has helped more than 1,500 dogs over the last 5 years! Help us help more! Thank you!
- People Skills
- Internet Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-2 hours a day, perhaps more.