The Tampa Bay Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and services.
Team Recruitment Chair Overview: The Team Recruitment Chair identifies and recruits new Team Captains for the Autism Speaks Walk. The Team Recruitment Chair works closely with the Walk Chair and Team Retention Chair to maximize event fundraising revenue. The Team Recruitment Chair is responsible for recruiting new team Team Captains and helping them build their teams and achieve their fundraising goals. The two primary responsibilities of the Team Recruitment Chair are the Corporate Breakfast/Lunch focused on new team recruitment and the New Team Kickoff. This could be one large event or several small events, depending on the Team Recruitment committee. This is a one year term.
Volunteer Attributes: Experienced fundraiser, preferably someone who has served as an Autism Speaks Walk Team Captain in the past, passionate about the cause, competitive and goal-oriented, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, good communication skills, and able to meet goals and deadlines.
- Understand the mission of Autism Speaks
- Understand the importance of fundraising for Autism Speaks
- Serve for one year as the Team Recruitment Chair
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to develop a plan of action to ensure team recruitment, fundraising, and year-round engagement goals are met
- Recruit, train, and manage a Team Recruitment Sub-Committee from top team captains, friends, relatives, business leaders, and students determined to enlist NEW teams in the Autism Speaks Walk
- Develop and implement strategies to reach new teams from corporations, organizations, families, friends, facilities, support groups, hospitals and places of worship
- Facilitate team recruitment committee meetings and needed
- Work closely with the Team Retention Chair to share ideas and information
- Be an expert on all fundraising and team resources and materials
- Actively promote the incentive and recognition programs
- Cultivate relationships with Team Captains
- Identify potential new Team Captains and ask them to register
- Lead by example and actively fundraise for the Walk
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for, and donate to the Walk
- Delegate responsibilities as needed to ensure success of the Walk
- Recruit and mentor a Team Recruit Chair successor for 2018
If interested, please contact Katy Formella at Katy.Formella@AutismSpeaks.org or 407-473-0309. Submitting your request will not secure your place as the Team Recruitment Chair.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 9-12 months; 3-10 hours per month as needed
- Experienced fundraiser, who is passionate about the cause, detail oriented, able to multi-task.