Tampa Bay Autism Speaks Walk - Team Recruitment Chair
Looking to spread autism awareness in Tampa Bay while raising funds to support the cause? Help recruitment the Tampa Bay Community to support autism!
The Tampa Bay Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong support and services.
Team Recruitment Chair Overview: The Team Recruitment Chair identifies and recruits new Team Captains for the Autism Speaks Walk. The Team Recruitment Chair works closely with the Walk Chair and Team Retention Chair to maximize event fundraising revenue. The Team Recruitment Chair is responsible for recruiting new team Team Captains and helping them build their teams and achieve their fundraising goals. The two primary responsibilities of the Team Recruitment Chair are the Corporate Breakfast/Lunch focused on new team recruitment and the New Team Kickoff. This could be one large event or several small events, depending on the Team Recruitment committee. This is a one year term.
Volunteer Attributes: Experienced fundraiser, preferably someone who has served as an Autism Speaks Walk Team Captain in the past, passionate about the cause, competitive and goal-oriented, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, good communication skills, and able to meet goals and deadlines.
- Understand the mission of Autism Speaks
- Understand the importance of fundraising for Autism Speaks
- Serve for one year as the Team Recruitment Chair
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to develop a plan of action to ensure team recruitment, fundraising, and year-round engagement goals are met
- Recruit, train, and manage a Team Recruitment Sub-Committee from top team captains, friends, relatives, business leaders, and students determined to enlist NEW teams in the Autism Speaks Walk
- Develop and implement strategies to reach new teams from corporations, organizations, families, friends, facilities, support groups, hospitals and places of worship
- Facilitate team recruitment committee meetings and needed
- Work closely with the Team Retention Chair to share ideas and information
- Be an expert on all fundraising and team resources and materials
- Actively promote the incentive and recognition programs
- Cultivate relationships with Team Captains
- Identify potential new Team Captains and ask them to register
- Lead by example and actively fundraise for the Walk
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for, and donate to the Walk
- Delegate responsibilities as needed to ensure success of the Walk
- Recruit and mentor a Team Recruit Chair successor for the following year
If interested, please contact Katy Moreno at Katy.Moreno@AutismSpeaks.org or 407-473-0309. Submitting your request will not secure your place as the Team Recruitment Chair.
About Autism Speaks
557 N. Wymore Road, Suite 101, Maitland, FL 32751, US
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Through partnerships and collaboration, we are committed to: Increasing global understanding & acceptance of people with autism Being a catalyst for life-enhancing research breakthroughs Increasing early childhood screening & timely interventions Improving the transition to adulthood Ensuring access to reliable information & services throughout the life span
Autism Speaks Walk is the world’s largest autism fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism. Powered by the love of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and supporters, the funds raised help ensure people of all abilities have access to the tools needed to lead 'their best lives’.
The commitment of individuals like you plays a critical role in raising the funding needed to fuel innovative research and lifelong supports and services. Working together, there is no limit to what we can achieve. Please register now Autism Speaks Walk at autismspeakswalk.org!