Reed Elementary in Tacoma, WA is seeking enthusiastic volunteers who enjoy working with elementary-aged youth in our after school reading program!
In this program, volunteers will be needed to help students read various books and work on elements of being expressive readers such as tone and volume. Volunteers may also need to help students sound out/spell and define words. Students and volunteers may work together to summarize the works they have read either verbally or visually through written words and/or drawings.
Our Spring Session will begin on Monday, April 10th and will go until Thursday, June 1st.
The daily schedule is as follows:
3:30 - 3:45 - Welcoming activity/Q&A
3:45 - 3:55 - Snack time
4:00 - 4:45 - Activity - Reading
4:45 - 5:15 - Academic enrichment and mentoring
In order to volunteer, all we ask is that you come to the main office and complete a volunteer packet. Once approved, we would love to have you working with our students!!!
- Literacy / Reading
- Library Sciences
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3:30 - 5:15 pm (1 hr. 45 min.) timeframe desired
- 1 hour minimum per week desired
- Chess Lovers Wanted!
- Science, 3D Printing, Robotics,...
- Elementary School Computer...
- Be a reading buddy for local...
- Elementary School Volleyball...
- Volunteers Wanted for YWCA Kids...
- Elementary School Track and...
- Young Authors - Help Students...
- Dance Instructors/Musicians...
- Are You A Math Whiz? Help...