Reed Elementary in Tacoma, WA is seeking enthusiastic volunteers who enjoy working with elementary-aged youth in an after school chess program!
Volunteers are needed to support students with learning how to play chess and strategize. We have all of the materials needed, we just need some instructors/volunteers!
Our Spring Session will begin on Monday, April 10th and will go until Thursday, June 1st.
The daily schedule is as follows:
3:30 - 3:45 - Welcoming activity/Q&A
3:45 - 3:55 - Snack time
4:00 - 4:45 - Activity - Chess
4:45 - 5:15 - Academic enrichment and mentoring
In order to volunteer, all we ask is that you come to the main office and complete a volunteer packet. Once approved, we would love to have you working with our students!!!
- Child Development
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3:30 - 5:15 pm (1 hr. 45 min.) timeframe desired
- 1 hour minimum per week desired
- Chess Lovers Wanted!
- Science, 3D Printing, Robotics,...
- Elementary School Computer...
- Be a reading buddy for local...
- Volunteers wanted for exciting...
- Elementary School Volleyball...
- Volunteers Wanted for YWCA Kids...
- Elementary School Track and...
- Young Authors - Help Students...
- Are You A Math Whiz? Help...
- Dance Instructors/Musicians...