Board members are responsible for the governance of the Aquinas Literacy Center; providing input to its financial health, programs and overall performance; providing the Chair and the administrative staff with the resources to meet the needs of those the Aquinas Literacy Center serves.
Responsibilities of the Board of Directors:
- Establish policy;
- Hire and evaluate the Executive Director;
- Secure adequate funding for the Aquinas Literacy Center;
- Maintain the fiscal integrity of the Center;
- Select and support the Center’s board officers and periodically review their performances;
- Adopt key operating policies and procedures; and
- Approve contracts, as appropriate.
Duties of Individual Board Members:
- Attend all board meetings and activities including committee meetings and board retreats;
- Attend gatherings and events to understand the work of the Aquinas Literacy Center;
- Become knowledgeable about the services of the Aquinas Literacy Center and issues in the field of literacy;
- Assume board leadership when asked (i.e. serve on a committee);
- Represent ALC to the public and to other organizations in the community;
- Inform administrative staff of issues and concerns that members of the community may have about literacy; and
- Financially support the Aquinas Literacy Center through an annual "give or get" expectation of $2,000.
The Board of Directors meet four times per year. Terms of board members are for one year and are renewable.
If interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strategic Planning
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Four meetings a year, plus committee work
- If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com