Alliance for Girls is seeking a dynamic Public Relations Intern for Winter 2016 / Spring of 2017!
Alliance for Girls (AFG) champions the leaders and voices that support girls and young women. Our mission is to ensure girls’ organizations are more connected, more effective, and better able to prepare girls to become leaders and thriving women. We do this by training girl-serving agencies, fostering collaboration, producing original research and using a collective voice to advocate on behalf of girls. Currently, AFG has 150 members including Planned Parenthood and Girls Incorporated.
Working with the Membership and Marketing Manager, the Public Relations Intern will work on strengthening AFG’s communications and community engagement by maintaining AFG’s social media and website, attending events, promoting the work of its members, and keeping a pulse on current trends and issues affecting girls and young women.Responsibilities
- Maintain AFG’s social media platforms, drafting and curating content primarily for Twitter and Facebook
- Maintain AFG’s online calendar of events and website
- Be a spokesperson for AFG at both Alliance-hosted events as well as community events
- Set up and manage booths at community events
- Follow members’ individual newsletters and promote their work
- Follow thought leaders in the girls service sector
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Who Should Apply
Prospective candidates should be undergraduate or graduate students who are passionate about championing Bay Area girls and the leaders that support them. Ideal candidates are self-starters, organized, entrepreneurial, comfortable using databases and managing websites (or willing to learn), have excellent communication skills, and have experience in retail/sales and/or community outreach.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Start Time: January 2017
Commitment: 8-10 hours per week at AFG's offices in Oakland and/or remotely for a minimum of 3 months
- Database Administration
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months